So the question is: Can you easily make one change that will give your health maximum ROI? The answer is YES and I will explain how easy this really is.
Flax seeds are well known to be rich in omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and fiber, all of which have been shown to have many health benefits. Flax seed can be used to improve digestive health, lower blood pressure, improve cholesterol numbers, reduce the risk of cancer and benefit people with diabetes.
Here are 5 steps that are very EASY and CHEAP that every American should be doing for maximum ROI:
1. Acquire some golden flax seed from any source possible.
2. Get your coffee grinder or blender out and grind a few cups of flax seeds into ground flax meal. Flax meal from the shelf will not be as nutritious as grinding the seeds yourself. You must grind the seeds to reap the nutritional benefits of flax seed.
3. Get a mason jar or storage container of your choice and store the ground flax in the refrigerator. A bonus tip would be to mix all 4 seeds together in a mason jar so you are ready to make amazing nutritious smoothies on command.
4. Acquire frozen fruit of your choice and bananas. These are critical to getting flax seed into your diet. As an added bonus you get to add fruit into your diet as well, which is always a win!
5. Blend frozen fruit, banana, ground flax seed, and water until you find the perfect combination that works for you! Experiment with new combinations of frozen fruit until you find a go to, just make sure you always have some nice yellow bananas in stock and you are good to go!
HERE IS A STAPLE SMOOTHIE RECIPIE FROM OUR E-COMMERCE MGR MARK:
"As someone who is not an avid breakfast eater, this recipe is an absolute game changer for my morning routine"
Servings: 1-2 (1 Banana per person)
2 CUPS FROZEN STRAWBERRIES
1/2 CUP FROZEN CHERRIES
1-2 TBSP FLAXSEED
2 TBSP HEMPSEED (make sure this is US or Canadian grown)
1 TBSP CACAO NIBS
2 TBSP ROLLED OATS
4-6 OZ WATER
Blend until smooth- Enjoy!
PRO TIP: Replace water with coconut water to make it a little sweeter or nut milk to make it a little tastier.
EXTRA PRO TIP: Acquire organic frozen fruit cheaper than conventional frozen fruit at your local COSTCO.