Tips For Better Sleep
- Ideal sleeping temperature 65 degrees F
- Make the room dark completely dark
- Avoid stimulation blue light such as electronic devices, tablets, cell phones, computers, or television
- Regulate melatonin levels naturally by getting at least 10 minutes or natural sunlight each day and avoiding melatonin lowering blue light before bedtime
- Make your room quiet or use a white noise machine or fan
- Avoid caffeine after 2pm
Do you have trouble falling asleep? Typically, that is a sign that you are stressed and may need to practice quieting the mind. The best practices for quieting the mind are deep breathing, meditation and exercise.
If you can fall asleep but can’t stay asleep, usually that is a sign that you may be deficient in minerals–one important mineral being magnesium. Magnesium is our calming mineral and helps to improve stress, sleep, muscle soreness, and pain. Start to consume more magnesium rich food sources are try taking an epsom salt bath.