I could literally eat soup everyday! It is the perfect comfort meal especially in the colder months. Because I absolutely love mushrooms and think they are a fun addition to any meal, I have named this recipe, Fungi Mushroom Soup!
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 10 ounces mushrooms of your choice (washed and chopped)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of organic whole wheat flour
- 8 ounces button mushrooms (washed and chopped)
- 2 cups organic chicken broth
- 2 cups unsweetened almond/coconut milk
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup of fresh basil, chopped
Heat a large soup pot over medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil and cook 10 ounces of mushrooms, onions, and garlic until tender and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Stir in flour and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Blend in broth, milk, and slowly bring to a boil. Cool for 5 minutes and add to a blender to emulsify for 30 seconds. Meanwhile, heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat and cook the remaining olive oil and 8 ounces of mushrooms for 5 minutes. Add to the emulsified soup, season with salt and pepper and top with fresh basil.
Find even more delicious soup recipes, here!